Research Assistant – Haematology/Leukaemia Research
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious research assistant to join the group of Professor George Vassiliou at the Cyprus Cancer Research Institute (CCRI). The role will interact with Professor Vassiliou’s team at the University of Cambridge, UK.
Reports To: The post holder will report to the Deputy Group Leader and to Professor George Vassiliou (Group Leader) Job Overview The successful applicant will carry out scientific research in the field of haematological malignancy and pre-malignancy under the supervision of Professor Vassiliou.
- Participate in the laboratory’s day-to-day activities, projects, meetings and procedures.
- Perform experiments as required by the Group Leader and Deputy Group Leader
- Keep appropriate experimental records and documentation.
- Participate in the generation of scientific reports
- Hold regular meetings with the Deputy Group Leader to present & analyse results.
- Procure and maintain stocks of experimental reagents/materials, and keep a lab inventory
- Operate and maintain equipment and instruments.
- Work closely with other CCRI scientists to conduct collaborative research, share ideas and find solutions to scientific problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Cancer Research or a related field.
- A Master’s degree in a related field will be considered an advantage
Specialist knowledge and skills:
- Research laboratory experience in a relevant field
- Expertise in haematology, cancer research, epigenetics or genetic screening will be an asset.
- Good understanding of the biology of normal and malignant haematopoietic stem cells.
- Experience in grant and manuscript writing.
- Enthusiasm, honesty, integrity, adaptability, dedication and hard-working ethos.
- Ability to think critically, work independently and communicate ideas.
- Ability to work in a team and value others.
Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in Greek will be an advantage.
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract for 6 years in total (4 + 2 years after successful evaluation) with the possibility of further extension.
Cyprus Remuneration: The annual gross salary is €18,000
Closing Date: 14th November 2021
Application Procedure: All applicants should:
1. Submit a Curriculum Vitae (CV).
2. Submit a Cover letter where they will state the date when he/she may be able to assume duties in the event of selection.
3. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to submit contact details for the provision of References.
All applications should be submitted via email at mentioning the job position code: CCRI_21_JP-2103 with email Subject: “Application [full name] for the position code CCRI_21_JP-2103”
Applicants will receive a confirmation email after their application submission with a unique reference number.
Contact Information: Cyprus Cancer Research Institute (C.C.R.I.) 1 University Avenue, 2109 Aglantzia, Nicosia, Cyprus
Tel.: +357 22 894376
Informal enquiries about the research project are welcomed and should be addressed to Professor George Vassiliou ().
The text of this Call for Applications can be found on the below pdf file.